Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Queen of Art Marketing

For those of you who haven’t as yet heard of Jane Davenport, let me introduce you to the person that I have now come to consider the “Queen of Marketing”! Well, it’s no wonder as Jane happens to be the daughter of yet another high-powered woman, Liz Davenport, who is a top Australian fashion designer. Jane grew up cutting her teeth in fashion photography and during this time she found her own niche in the photography field.
I first came across Jane in 2006 when my husband, then the editor of Digital Photography & Design magazine, covered her work in the magazine. He was blown away by not only her photography but the way she presented her work and her whole marketing package. Jane has since gone on to work her way into every aspect of the marketing field of her art and has built up quite an empire.
Love her work or not, there is no denying that Jane can teach us a thing or two about how to climb the ladder of fame by keeping abreast of the leading edge of advertising/marketing and just exploring every avenue available.
To view article about Jane
Jane's Website

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adriana,
    OMG! I am a Queen on the cutting edge on the ladder of fame! Sounds dangerous and exciting - but I don't feel like it today let me tell you!

    I read and printed this little snippet from marketing guru Seth Godin this morning "Delight the audience you already have, amaze the customers you can already reach, dazzle the small investors who already trust you enough to listen to you. Take the permission you have and work your way up. Leaps look good in the movies, but in fact, success is mostly about finding a path and walking it one step at a time."
    Since readingit I have posted a blog, and am creating a newsletter for my peeps right now...and because I feel so good, I am going to give them an extra special discount (cyber kisses!).

    Big hugs to Wayne! I miss his magazine!
    Jane Davenport


    "if you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space! "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    I was really surprised to hear from you as I didn't realize that anyone other than fellow students were out there reading my site!

    I am using you and your work as a fantastic example of making a business out of art. I have been following your progress since Wayne came home raving about you way back in 2006.

    I've gotta say "hats off to you!", you are a real shaker and mover and a huge inspiration for us all.

    Keep it up.
    Adriana

    ReplyDelete