Monday, October 10, 2011

My Next "Thou Art Mum" Exhibition



"Tribute" exhibition at Montsalvat, 3rd November to 27th November, 2011.
My tribute piece will be "Catch My Drift", my body of work is a homage to James Gleeson.

A section of my work is the top first image on the invite.

"Catch My Drift"

I am fascinated by the psychoscape nature of Surrealism. The element of surprise is in its bizarre biomorphic matter incongruously juxtaposed.

Surrealism's intriguing power for me is the blurring of truth, a fusion of absurdity that is either humorous or very disturbing, the intellectual games played or its mystical aspects with spiritual links.

This work is a self-exploration with depicitions of personal symbolism. A revelation that my reality is, in fact, only a function of my own belief system.

My appropriation pays homage to James Gleeson, who is regarded as Australia's foremost surrealist. In the daring essence of surrealism, I dare to not only place myself side by side with this master but to also drift in his wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment