Friday, October 8, 2010

Libby Schreiber

Below are some prints by a brilliant printmaker, Libby Schreiber. I am so lucky to be able to claim Libby as a friend and a fellow member of 'Thou Art Mum'.





Libby describes this work as: "My work is very personal in the sense that it reflects my thoughts about my life and how and where everything and everyone else fits into it. I am quite self analytical and my art acts as a kind of visual diary. At times the truth is stretched, at other times humour is used to help me see the light side of life. At the end of the day I want my work to be accessible to all, so I use objects and symbols that are familiar to most of us with a little stylization.

Some of my images come to me seemingly out of the blue whilst others are the result of focusing on a thematic starting point. When I have a few ideas I begin drawing onto the lino and re-work the image until it comes together which can take months. Print is an exciting medium as you never really know until you print, whether the image has been successful or not. I hope to continue developing my imagery and techniques well into the future.".

No comments:

Post a Comment